02 Jun HP Sustainability
Academia are doing our best to make positive changes for a greener and more sustainable future. This has an impact on our vendor strategy, by partnering with eco conscious brands that prioritise a focus on the end user carbon footprint.
It’s no secret that awareness of the need to live and work sustainably is increasingly gaining traction in the face of global warming. Academia have been working to tackle this head on and are immensely proud to announce that our efforts have been recognised by achieving HP’s Sustainable Impact 4* Award.
We’ve been working with HP to promote their portfolio of sustainable products, some of which are highlighted below, including the world’s first PC with ocean-bound plastics
The HP Elite Dragonfly laptop with touchscreen is the first-ever computer to use ocean-bound plastic for the speakers and bezels. Light and durable, the 13-inch HP Dragonfly x360 has a long battery life so you can work from anywhere, switching between tablet, laptop, and tent mode for ultimate flexibility.
Since 2010, HP has reduced energy consumption of their print portfolio by 50% on average.
Make your print solution carbon neutral with HP MPS
Carbon neutrality helps to effectively bring a carbon footprint to below zero using a combination of measures, including reduction and offsetting.
- Increased operating efficiency
- Moving to renewable energy
- Investing in carbon offset projects, such as conservation and regeneration of forests
- Offsets have co-benefits, including:
- Further sustainable development, such as jobs for renewable energy
- Health benefits from fossil-fuel reduction
- Conservation of biodiversity from forestry and other projects