10 May University of Bedfordshire Case Study with Sophos and Academia
As Academia continues to support Universities across the UK with the best in Technology assistance, from time to time, we like to revisit a successful partnership and find out how our working relationship has improved staff and student experiences.
The purpose of a case study has always been to showcase an example of good work from a business. In the case of Academia, it is an opportunity to show how technology solutions we provide can change the way that educational establishments work. Happy customers make for positive news.
One such customer, the University of Bedfordshire, was delighted to discuss with the team on how the implementation of ransomware protection and GDPR compliance software has changed their fortunes and helped understand the threats that will always be frequent in the digital revolution.
University of Bedfordshire
The University of Bedfordshire is a modern, innovative university with a heritage of top-quality education going back more than 100 years. With campuses in Luton, Bedford, Milton Keynes, and Aylesbury, it welcomes 20,000 students from over 120 countries.
As such a large and busy university, safeguarding data and preventing cyber-attacks had become an IT security challenges that they wanted to address before it even happened. Planning is the best way to solve a problem before it becomes an issue in the first place.
The IT Security Threat
The two significant IT security challenges faced by the University of Bedfordshire were:
- Ransomware threats – Although the University of Bedfordshire has never experienced a ransomware attack before, Borg was aware of the increasing prevalence of ransomware. He began seeking a suitable solution to keep students, files, and data at the University safe.
- GDPR compliance – Safeguarding students and data became a priority for the university when GDPR legislation was introduced in 2018. Martin planned to install a new encryption product to comply
The Academia Solution
By partnering with the leading Software Security company in the UK, the Academia answer to the problem raised by the University was simple, implement the Sophos Solution.
Sophos is a security software and hardware company that develops products for communication endpoint, encryption, network security, email security, mobile security and unified threat management.
The solution offered with Academia and Sophos were:
- On-premises Sophos Enterprise Console for sophisticated threat protection coupled with a simple, intuitive user experience
- Intercept X for protection against ransomware attacks, providing a unique combination of deep learning malware detection and exploit prevention
- Sophos SafeGuard Encryption to support GDPR compliance
To read more about the solution provided and how it has affected all involved, please download the review the full case study here.
To learn more about the Sophos partnership with Academia visit our detailed partner page here.
To get an instant quote for your educational establishment to benefit from Software Security Support, call on 01992 703 900, email email@example.com or fill in the below form.